Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I played with the settings as mentioned and the mic started working but it wouldn't turn off. So I turned it off, restarted the computer, and then turned it back on. The mic still works even though it no longer shows in the bottom bar. I'm glad it works now!

HP Recommended

Once mine started working, I had a feedback problem. I also turned down the volume on the microphone array.

HP Recommended

Even though I was able to get the mic working playing around with the settings like you said, I still need to send mine to HP Care because the leather case has come apart on the bottom of the laptop. It is a pain to back up everything.

HP Recommended

Thanks all for your communications on this annoying problem!!! I've got mine working now too!!! I still need to fine tune it like some.of the rest of you have done, so thanks for the instructions. Like Deneng, I went into HP Audio Control and turned off the noise cancellation in the input setting, hey presto, it works!!!

Thanks all for your help and glad we've all found a solution at last...no thanks to HP of course 🙄😂👍

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.