Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@siarblack,

Did you follow all the steps suggested in the below article?

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05942024

If yes, then I recommend you perform a system reset following the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @all!
I'd like to share you my sudden solution...

We have connected headphones with mic to check whether it will work, then Speech settings -> Microphone setup your speech recognition button Get Started -> Cortana can't hear me -> Repeat sentence -> Diagnostics finished, Problems found (configure mic) and solved.

Then external microphone worked normally in apps, but after we disconnected external microphone internal microphone has started to work normally in apps.
I don't know what exactly helped so presented you the whole flow.

Hope this solution can halp someone else ))

HP Recommended

yes.... it seems to work indeed!!!!

First, I tried via your way, but I could not click 'get started' at microphone. 

Then I tried the same via the configuration screen; set a microphone. 

I don't understand why, but now it works. 

I can image it will happen again, it worked before a some rare moments, but hopefully with this method I can fix it every time!!!

many thanks all for your help!!

instellen microfoon.png

microfoon oplossing spraak instellen.png

HP Recommended

It does not always fix it unfortunately 😞  -  it worked 2 times so far. Since then.. no.. 

still strange how it sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't... 

but at least we have learned more it which direction to search the solution

HP Recommended

@microfoon,

I recommend you perform a system reset following the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem but my microphone cuts in and out with respect to the position of the screen. In other words, when  I open the lit all the way, the microphone doesn't work. but as I start to close it, say 1/4th the way, it starts to work. So my problem is an internal connection somewhere.

HP Recommended

@Schmitty12,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

One more solution!!!:

1. press: windows symbol + G. 

a game tool opens, in which you can record your screen. 

2. start recording: if you get a message that the computer can't hear you, follow the instruction and it is fixed!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.