Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Laptop 15-cc0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried playing a video, and the audo was SUPER low and slow.  I also notice the keyboard  seems to have high latency, as does the mouse.  The cursor jumps.

It seems like something is conflicting and things are very slow.

This happened a couple weeks ago, and I replaced a wireless mouse with a wired one, and that SEEMED to resolve the problem.  But then this week, we had to update Windows, and this happened again.  I have tried the mouse trick, tried updating drivers, disabling hardware (like the mouse), unistalling and letting PnP re-install.

I thought maybe it was an IRQ conflict, but didn't find any.  I connected Microsoft and did sfc /scannow, and DISM check health, scan health, and restore health.

Nothing helped.

I really don't know what else to try.

Can someone help?

Obviously with the pandemic, being able to use zoom or teams or webex and actually hear the audio is important.

Oh yes, one other data point.  When I would plug in the USB mouse (and unplug), the "chime" would take a couple seconds to come up, and was slow enough, it played for a couple seconds.

Thanks!  Greg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@gkanders63

I reviewed your post and I understand that there is audio lag and the mouse and keyboard are also responding slowly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you run a system test on the computer to make sure whether it is a hardware or a software issue.

Follow the steps in the below article to run the system test.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.