Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
NOTEBOOK G60-549DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I followed the advice of a previous post for "NO SOUND AFTER WINDOWS 10". It was recommended to reduced maximum memory from 4-Gig to 3072. Sound works fine after the restart. However, after a sleep mode there is no sound. So everytime I reboot, I get sound but after every sleep mode the sound goes away. When performing a sound test, the sound appears to be working on the test graph but there is no sound coming from the speakers. NEED HELP!

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Greetings @rotorone

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an audio issue on your computer, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried to update all the drivers using HP Support Assistant?

Please click here for the drivers page of your computer. 

When there are no drivers from HP for Windows 8 or 10, you will have to rely on Windows updates or HP Support Assistant to get the drivers for your computer, is available. 

Recommend you run HP Support Assistant on your computer and hope it finds a driver for your computer.

Refer to this HP article for assistance in using HPSA. 

For other troubleshooting steps, please refer to this HP guided troubleshooter

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi.............yes...I have done all of that.  The speakers will work now from a hard reboot but then will not work after coming back from sleep mode.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, try changing the sleep settings on your computer. 

Refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

Set it to high performance and check. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK.......I did that but all that does is stops the laptop from entering sleep mode automatically. I want to use the sleep mode so I don't have to wait so long for everhthing to come back on line. I always manually enter sleep mode when I finish using the computer, every day.

So I could just as well shut down the computer everytime I'm finished with it daily. But, then have to wait for it to reboot and reload all the programs.

So might there be a better solution?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, as I mentioned earlier, there are no drivers for Windows 10 for your computer. Recommend you install Windows 7 back on your computer and check. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK......I'm wondering if there is a way to revert back in windows 10, to a point before the problem occurred? If so would that be feasable or better to go ahead and revert back to windows 7?

Also, is there any hope that drivers may become available to solve my issues, in the future?

In either case, since I am not a computer tech, I would like to ask for detailed instructions, on how to accomplish either process.

Thanks so much for your help.

HP Recommended

If it has been more than 10 days since you installed Windows 10, you cannot go back Windows 7 without loss of data and software on your computer. Click here to know more. 

The only way to get back to Windows 7, is by using the recovery kit created on your computer when your computer was running on Windows 7.

If you do not have a recovery kit created on your computer, please contact our phone support team order one for your computer is available. 

For step by step instructions please refer to this guided troubleshooter to perform a recovery on your computer. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did your system come with Windows 10 or did you upgrade? Mine came directly from HP with Windows 10 and I have the exact same problem. This has been going on since the first time I set the system up. This whole line of "support" sounds like a cop-out to me.

I've tried upgrading drivers, rolling back drivers, pretty much everything that they suggest here and some they didn't. Whatever the issue is, if I try to run Troubleshoot Sound Problems immediately after waking my system up and have no sound, the troubleshooter will just scan in perpetuity and does nothing. Of course, if I try running the trouble shooter while I have sound, no issues are found.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.