Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY dv6-7212TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

First of all, my hardware id : HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_103C181B&REV_1001

try different audio driver, e.g sp65196, sp64681, the beats audio is bothering too much.

Tried also from ms.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=%22Tempo%22%20%2B%20%22Audio%22

My id matched with the first two once, they come with SRS premium sound, no doubt the sound was really good, but facing same issue some, with first one no audio come through audio jack , the second one is also hit and miss. I do clean install windows . 
Do you guys have any recommendation is this case ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that.

You could just try and use the plain generic Windows HD audio driver and see if that works better for you.

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category.

1. Click on  the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC under that category.
2. Click on the Driver tab.
3. Click the Update Driver... button.
4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software, and on the bottom of that window,
5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
6. Select High Definition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... this is important.) and click Next.
A warning message may appear, but click Yes.
7. Windows has successfully updated your driver software.
8. Restart the PC.
The key is step 6.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try this W10 IDT/Beats audio driver from a newer model notebook and restart the PC.

6.10.6492.0     Jul 17, 2015

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71886.exe

HP Recommended

Ok. , can I get at least 6.10.6504.0 version for my device, it on ms store, do you guys release that version for my device?? or can you suggest any other version beside this you mention, I mean this is fine too.

HP Recommended

This is a peer to peer forum.  I do not work for or represent HP.

The driver I posted was the one and only 'true' W10 IDT notebook driver HP ever released.

There is one older driver that was for W8.1/W10 that I doubt will work on the newer versions of W10.

6.10.6491.0      Sep 30, 2013

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

HP Recommended

i appreciate you response sir,

the only issue i am facing with these kind of drivers is that, they come with beats audio software, the beats audio is keep resetting it preset all the time. no meter what i cannot disable all the enhancement it come with, like i wearing headphone or playing game is messed up the audio experience. 

is there any work around so that i can disable or reset all preset with "0"

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that.

You could just try and use the plain generic Windows HD audio driver and see if that works better for you.

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category.

1. Click on  the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC under that category.
2. Click on the Driver tab.
3. Click the Update Driver... button.
4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software, and on the bottom of that window,
5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
6. Select High Definition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... this is important.) and click Next.
A warning message may appear, but click Yes.
7. Windows has successfully updated your driver software.
8. Restart the PC.
The key is step 6.

HP Recommended

that the only way to go for now, but hp or idt should be release  update version of the driver so that we can benefit from the the beats functionality that come with the laptop they advertise for.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.