Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook Folio 9470m Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP Community, 

My laptop "HP EliteBook Folio 9470m" is providing me with a message "No output devices found and No input devices found" under Sound Settings. I dont see any audio device in Device Manager also. I have the little "x" with the red circle by the volume button with the message "No speakers or headphones are plugged in". No sound comes out at all. I cannot record anything from microphone either.
Sound Settings: No output devices found. No input devices found. "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem." I tried HP Support Assistant with no success. I have already upgraded the Windows 10 with the latest Service Packs.

HP site does not have sound drivers for 9470m. I cannot add legacy hardware without knowing which hardware my laptop uses for sound. I am running the latest Bios. 

My Laptop: HP Elitebook Folio 9470m.

My O.S: Windows 10 (64bit). 

I will pick your brains at this time. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Paul, thanks for your message. I tried both of these solutions with no success. However i fixed the problem by installing "Intel Management Engine Components Drivers"  SP65514 listed under All drivers - Driver Chipset on HP Support page.  Your quick response is much appreciated.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook uses the IDT audio system.

You could try the W8.1 driver and see if that works by manually installing it or force installing it.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65631.exe 

You can also try this W10 IDT audio driver from a different model HP notebook and see if that works.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71886.exe 

HP Recommended

Hello Paul, thanks for your message. I tried both of these solutions with no success. However i fixed the problem by installing "Intel Management Engine Components Drivers"  SP65514 listed under All drivers - Driver Chipset on HP Support page.  Your quick response is much appreciated.

Regards

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That's an unorthodox way to fix the problem.

Glad that worked.

I'll have to suggest that to others, because that model always has audio problems.

It also has W10 Bluetooth driver issues as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.