Ginger25
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No audio with LG External monitor

Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello,

I recently lost audio with my LG External monitor.  I have an HP pavillion laptop.  I still have audio on the laptop, but not through the monitor.  I have tried all the tips I can find...including updating drivers etc.  I ran a troubleshooting scan and it said there was the following problem: Generic, Audio Driver, Not fixed." Help!  I am not sure what to do to fix this.  Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Level 19
Level 19
78,932 78,831 9,723 21,020
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ginger25 

What is your LG External monitor ? Does it have speakers ? How do you connect them ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ginger25
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for trying to help!  No, I do not have external speakers set up.  The monitor is the LED LCD.  (This is per the owner's manuel cd rom.) Another thing to note:  I tried to run an older HP laptop with the monitor and had the exact same experience. I tried all the tips from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AAHBMx1UWI as well as a couple of other help feeds. I did try hooking up headphones to the monitor and I DID have sound through them. I hope this might be helpful!  Thank you.

Learn how to fix your computer when it is connected to a monitor with an HDMI cable, but the screen display or sound does not work correctly. Learn more about troubleshooting HDMI display and sound issues (Windows 10, 8, 7) on our support site: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01186408. For
0 Kudos
Level 19
Level 19
78,932 78,831 9,723 21,020
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ginger25 

Again, I need to know what is the model of your LG monitor ? Does it have speakers ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Ginger25
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oops!  Long day at work when I responded last night.  Here is the model: 27MK60TM-B.  There are NOT built in speakers.  I hope this is the info that you need!  🙂

Thank you,

Ginger

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation