cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Llayne
Level 2
9 7 2 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

No sound after SSD Upgrade -- HP Pavilion g6 -- MODEL #: LM174AV

HP Recommended
Pavilion g6 MODEL #: LM174AV
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I did an SSD Upgrade, after which I now don't have any sound at all.  I reinstalled my old hard drive, and the sound returned.  Went back to the SSD and tried a couple of driver downloads that have been mentioned on this forum, but they haven't worked.  One message said: "The Hardware Detected is Not Supported by This IDT Software Package".  Another message said: "This is Not the Correct Audio Droiver for This System".

I went to the HD Driverdownload website, and tried to have them scan my system and tell me which driver I needed, and then install it for me.  That didn't work out either, as it took me to a page where it seemed they wanted me to "activate" my inquiry ???, and it appeared they were trying to sell me some kind of service, but I don't know for sure.  They didn't say whether their service was free or for a fee.  Aaaargh. 

This seems like this should be so easy to figure out, but it's maddeningly frustrating.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  -- Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Llayne
Author
Level 2
9 7 2 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

EDIT -- I inadvertantly marked this post as "SOLVED".  That is not the case, but I did solve it, with a brief description in the next post.

I'm feeling pretty stumped at the moment.  I put the old HDD back in, and it runs fine.  But when I tried to access the SSD as an external drive (to wipe it clean), it doesn't show up.  When going into my Computer, all I see are the regular C: Hard Drive and the DVD Drive.  Shouldn't the external SSD be showing up?  --  This is getting stranger all the time.  Any feedback would be appreciated!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
6 REPLIES 6
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
95,703 64,417 12,402 21,353
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Llayne 

Your machine ia an HP PAVILION G6T-1B00 CTO NOTEBOOK PC. Please doenload and install Audio driver for Windows 7

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55036.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Llayne
Author
Level 2
9 7 2 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply!  I again got the message:

"The Hardware Detected is Not Supported by This IDT Software Package"

banhien
Level 19
Level 19
95,703 64,417 12,402 21,353
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Llayne 

Strange, it is the ORIGINAL driver for your machine. Are you sure it runs Windows 7 ?  Now please try

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57966.exe

Reason:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57966.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Llayne
Author
Level 2
9 7 2 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium -- Have it it for several years, so the Win. 7 is a given.

I tried your new link, and initially got the message: "The Hardware Detected is Not Supported by This IDT Software Package"

I kept trying, and somehow got it to "think" it had the right system, and then proceeded to ask if I wanted to restart the computer.  I said yes, and after coming up again, I got the message: "This is Not the Correct Audio Droiver for This System" -- The installer will now exit.

At this point, I'm tempted to wipe the SSD clean, and give it another try.  I also had another odd thing happen.  I use One Tab (a lot), and I have over a thousand links in it.  It transferred fine over to the SDD, but shortly after I started browsing, the One Tab deleted all the tabs.  So I want to go back and retrieve those tabs as well as trying to see if a new clone will take care of the sound problem.

Thanks again for your reply.  Any thoughts on starting over from scratch?  And how would I do that exactly?  How do I make sure I have a "clean slate" on the SSD to accomplish that?  -- Thanks!

Llayne
Author
Level 2
9 7 2 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

EDIT -- I inadvertantly marked this post as "SOLVED".  That is not the case, but I did solve it, with a brief description in the next post.

I'm feeling pretty stumped at the moment.  I put the old HDD back in, and it runs fine.  But when I tried to access the SSD as an external drive (to wipe it clean), it doesn't show up.  When going into my Computer, all I see are the regular C: Hard Drive and the DVD Drive.  Shouldn't the external SSD be showing up?  --  This is getting stranger all the time.  Any feedback would be appreciated!

View solution in original post

Llayne
Author
Level 2
9 7 2 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I somehow marked my above post as solved, even though that was not the case.  I did however solve this problem tonight.  I went to Google search, and entered: "hp pavilion g6 audio driver windows 7 64 bit:,  The link below came up; it said it detected my Pavilion g6, and just below that was a link to download the audio driver.  Process was simple, and it's now fixed! -- @Banhien

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation