Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 15s-eq1510sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I unplugged a USB Audio Device and HDMI (Nothing was playing), and now no sound comes from the laptop speakers. I have tried restarting, BIOS restart default settings, HP Support Assistant. Please be advised that the sound still work with the USB Audio Device and Headphones work fine.

In device manager the 3 devices are:

AMD Audio Device

AMD High Def Device

Realtek(R) Audio

Speakers seem to be using Realtek

Please can you help?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I had the same problem, after going though all the diagnostics and troubleshooting on the Audio, it achieved nothing including uninstalling and reinstalling the RealTek Audio driver

So finally I went to the Control Panel \ Advanced Recovery Tools \ .... \Restore system files and settings I restored drivers from an earlier data point (3 days earlier).  This fixed the issue

Note.  I did another update of all the latest drivers and the problem reoccurred, so I had to do the restore again.  So I believe there is either a corrupt driver or incorrect driver in the latest updates 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the fix - did the trick!

Tried everything else to no avail, with troubleshootoing, driver reinstallation and hard reset as suggested.

Restored back a few days and the speakers are working again,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.