Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
I have an HP Pavilion DV6 1030US notebook with Vista/64 bit.  Every once in a while the orange mute light will come on all by itself. I then download the IDT High-Definition Audio CODEC Driver, which temporarily fixes it (for a couple weeks or so), but then out of nowhere the orange light comes back on.  I can keep re-downloading the aforementioned driver, but it’s kind of annoying having to do this every week or two.  Any advice? Thanks in advance for your help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK every one i read some more and i think i found out how to fix the problem with no sound:

1 go to Control Panel

2 go to Device Manager

3 go to Sound, video, and game controllers

4 double click the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

5 go to Driver on the top of the IDT screen

6 click Roll Back Driver...yes it takes away the most recent update but it worked for me

7 after it is done rolling back go back to the IDT screen and go back to driver and click the Update Driver... button...don't interrupt it let it do a search and update

if after those steps your audio still doesn't work properly then i cannot help any further

hope your sound comes back

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

i have the same problem with dv6-1340ej .

for some reason the audio led become orange despite that sound is enabled.

and while i touch the led,the audio in my system turns on and off without changing the led colour from orange to white and/or vice versa.

i am running  windows 7 64bit.

any body can help?

HP Recommended

how come no one answered yet?

HP,is anybody there?

HP Recommended

i have the same problem.

my notebook is dv5-1125nr

not sound!! 😞

HP Recommended

OK every one i read some more and i think i found out how to fix the problem with no sound:

1 go to Control Panel

2 go to Device Manager

3 go to Sound, video, and game controllers

4 double click the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

5 go to Driver on the top of the IDT screen

6 click Roll Back Driver...yes it takes away the most recent update but it worked for me

7 after it is done rolling back go back to the IDT screen and go back to driver and click the Update Driver... button...don't interrupt it let it do a search and update

if after those steps your audio still doesn't work properly then i cannot help any further

hope your sound comes back

HP Recommended
afwwarior, thank you so much! This worked! I am so grateful that the LED light is fixed, I thought i'd have to bring it in for repair but i didn't! :generic:
HP Recommended

Okay, I have a Dv6-1350 Wdws 7/64 and was having the orange light problem. That fix worked great for getting rid of the orange light - but it used to change whether sound was muted or not. Now I have a constant white "no sound" indicator.

HP Recommended
AFWarior, thanks. This worked, but two weeks after, same problem : no orange light when muted. Any further help?
HP Recommended

Great post! This fixed my HP Pavilion dv6!

HP Recommended

Had the same problem with my Pavilion dv7. Solution worked. Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.