Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook laptop

Hello,

I have a HP Notebook laptop computer that is about 6 months old. It has Windows 10 and an Intel i3 microprocessor.

I am trying to take the audio portion of a music/concert DVD and burn it to a CD. But I am having all sorts of problems.

Initially, a family friend (who is more knowledgeable than I am) tried to do it, but it wouldn't work. Using a DVD audio extractor program, he successfully extracted the audio portion of the DVD. He created OGG files ("chapters") in a file on my computer's hard drive. The songs play on my computer, so I know that portion of this process was successful.

The problems started when he tried to burn a CD.  He tried using iTunes, but it wouldn't work. Then, after playing around with my computer a bit, he tried something else. The set-up phase appeared to work, but we got a message stating that it would take more than 24 hours to burn the CD (a little more than 2 hours of music, divided into 39 chapters). Is this normal? We aborted the process, and he went home.

A few days later, I tried it myself. I really don't know what I am doing because I've never attempted to burn a CD before. But I watched a HP/Youtube vidoe on how to do this. I loaded the blank CD and selected Windows Media Player. I repeatedly kept trying to move the OGG files from my desktop to the Windows Media Player window. I tried dragging the OGG files to both the "drag items here to create a burn list" and the "Music library". But it wasn't working. The OGG files were not getting transferred to the burn list, and they kept bouncing back to my desktop. It is almost as if something was blocking the OGG files from being transferred to the burn list.

Can anyone help me? How do I successfully burn a CD in this situation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi banhein,

I clicked on the link and downloaded the free conversion software. I then converted all 39 OGG files into MP3 files.

Using the Windows Media Player, I then dragged over the 39 MP3 files (which were conveniently already in the library). And I burned 2 CDs. The total audio was over 2 hours, so I had to split it between 2 CDs. But it was easy once the files were converted to MP3 files.

I tested both CDs in my stereo system's CD player, and it worked!!!

In my opinion, the hardest part of this whole process was converting the OGG files to MP3 files (which I didn't even know I had to do before I asked for your advice). Once the files were converted to MP3 files, the rest was a snap.

Thank you so much for your help and advice. I couldn't have done it without you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use what ever software you are using to extract as MP3 files and you can burn to music CD or try the following products:

http://www.freemake.com/how_to/how_to_convert_ogg_to_mp3_free

(Note: I have not tested them).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi banhein,

I clicked on the link and downloaded the free conversion software. I then converted all 39 OGG files into MP3 files.

Using the Windows Media Player, I then dragged over the 39 MP3 files (which were conveniently already in the library). And I burned 2 CDs. The total audio was over 2 hours, so I had to split it between 2 CDs. But it was easy once the files were converted to MP3 files.

I tested both CDs in my stereo system's CD player, and it worked!!!

In my opinion, the hardest part of this whole process was converting the OGG files to MP3 files (which I didn't even know I had to do before I asked for your advice). Once the files were converted to MP3 files, the rest was a snap.

Thank you so much for your help and advice. I couldn't have done it without you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.