Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-ae014dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This morning I was watching youtube at work. The sound was working just fine. Paused my video and stepped away for a few minutes. Came back and I now have no sound. Works just fine with headphones or plugged into some speakers. I have uninstalled the audio drivers and reinstalled them from the HP website. I used the HP Assistant to test them and I get no sounds whatsoever. I updated the BIOS and updated the software. I have also unplugged the battery and reconnected (i work for an electronic repair company, so this wasn't hard). Nothing is working. I can't imagine my speakers randomly went bad. There was no distortion to sound or any prior issues. When I go to Sound Setting > Manage Sound Devices... It shows "Disabled" underneath the speaker options. When I select Disable and then select Enable, it makes no change.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I now ran a hardware test and received the failure ID of 64P71A-9089LF-MFPUQK-21QE13

HP Recommended

@JG271

Welcome to HP Community

This is an Audio Failure and Hardware issue. Please contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

This morning the speakers worked again just fine. So I thought maybe it was just a random coincidence. After using them for about 5 minutes, they stopped again. The speakers didn't sound like they themselves were going bad, so do you think this is a motherboard issue?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.