Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issues with a brand new computer. The only reason I bought this computer was for my kids to do their zoom meetings for school. I have had the sound and microphone stop working accompanied by the loud buzzing sounds described in the other post. I took the laptop to a registered HP service center and was told there was no problem. I am on the verge of buying a different computer if this can not be fixed. This should not be happening with a brand new computer.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@brynquinlan @Mmac05 @LRB8

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is my temp fix.  Until HP send us the new Audio driver.  The best way is to disable AMD audio device from control panel.  Then use your headphone or USB microphone as an audio source.  I did try to reset to the audio device driver.  It is more stable than current version.  But it still happen "cannot find audio device" occasionally.   I need zoom meeting several times a day, very annoy, until I got the USB mic from amazon.

Charles

HP Recommended

@Charles1971

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.