Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP-Envy 15 Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought a new HP Envy 15 Laptop back in March and can't work out whether the speakers are defective or not. 

Bang & Olufsen realtek audio - I expected good things. 

However, the sound is low even when turned to max.  Then suddenly it'll blast loud and then lose volume again.  It's mostly low volume.  It's frustrating when trying to create video content which is why i bought it.    

Rang the helpline and uninstalled Audio on 'sound, video, game' and also uninstalled the 'audio inputs/outputs'

Then restarted the laptop, but the problems persists. 

Any advice please, is this fixable or do i need to return?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@BSCoulby, Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  
Let's try Audio driver rollback.

1. Open Device Manager. 
  2. In Device Manager, locate Audio input and Outputs.
  3. Right-click on the Audio device and choose Properties. 
  4. Select the Driver tab.
  5. Select the Roll Back Driver button.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for your reply but unfortunately this does not resolve the matter as the 'roll back driver button' is greyed out and not selectable.  

Any other advice please?

Im beginning to think there is some loose connection or something as the volume is so low, i turn it up and in a few minutes it suddenly blasts out.  

It's driving me nuts!

HP Recommended

Hi@BSCoulby,

Uninstall the Realtek Audio derives from the devices manager.

check for Windows update & BIOS and that restart the notebook.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.