Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Audio quit working on my brand new Envy x360, apparently due to a routine Windows 10 Update that was incompatible with the Realtek driver.  Downloaded the recommended softpak and followed the instructions to uninstall the old audio driver and install the newer version.  Voila!  Sound is back on.  Thanks for the fix, Banhien.  Saved a phone call to tech support.

HP Recommended

I tried installing sp88302.exe back in early March, but it didn't work as the Windows update had turned off my realtek audio controller. Because of that, I have an icon that says there is no audio device installed, and no driver that I attempt to install, sees the controller. I gave up and bought a Dell laptop as I was scheduled to deliver a presentation on leadership excellence that required audio.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately that did not work for me. My bios menu is as you suspected, totally different.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. Solved it by googling" sp88302" which is a driver, downloaded it and installed it. This solved the problem,  now have full audio again.

HP Recommended

That unfortunately did not work for me, as the windows update had turned off the visibility of the realtek hardware to the operating system. Thus the driver errored out as it thought there was no hardware to which to install the driver. 

The only way I could "see" the hardware was by going into the BIOS and testing it, and of course the hardware was and is fine. 

I bought a new Dell laptop that does not have this problem, and I use the HP laptop as a backup when I don't need audio. 

HP Recommended

Thanks Banhien, i previously have problem with my sound seems conflicting between Realtek and HP Audio Control Software. But after re-installation of the driver sp83302.exe now it works fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.