cancel
MikeH619 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 11 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver for Windows 10 v1809

Audio quit working on my brand new Envy x360, apparently due to a routine Windows 10 Update that was incompatible with the Realtek driver.  Downloaded the recommended softpak and followed the instructions to uninstall the old audio driver and install the newer version.  Voila!  Sound is back on.  Thanks for the fix, Banhien.  Saved a phone call to tech support.

0 Kudos
nicegirl999 Tutor
Tutor
13 11 0 2
Message 12 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried installing sp88302.exe back in early March, but it didn't work as the Windows update had turned off my realtek audio controller. Because of that, I have an icon that says there is no audio device installed, and no driver that I attempt to install, sees the controller. I gave up and bought a Dell laptop as I was scheduled to deliver a presentation on leadership excellence that required audio.

0 Kudos
nicegirl999 Tutor
Tutor
13 11 0 2
Message 13 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately that did not work for me. My bios menu is as you suspected, totally different.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation