Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17 f100nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I just bought my new Sony MDR-ZX550BN bluetooth headphones and tried connecting it with my HP Notebook.

First I connected it with my Galaxy S6 Edge+ and an iPad Air 2 and the sound was flawless. After that, I decided to try and connect it via bluetooth with my HP laptop. The pairing was successful but the sound was stuttering. I was searching for solution online and I found something. The Wi-Fi was causing it. I tried a couple of solutions without any success so I turned my Wi-Fi off and the sound was flawless. I found out that the Realtek Wi-Fi Adapter on my laptop was causing it, but I just don't know what to do with that information? I tried updating it in my Device Manager but it said that it was already updated. Searched for Realtek website but the website was down or something.

By the way, I just paired a Microsoft Designer bluetooth mouse and it is working 'OK'. Means that I can see some minor lags here and there but nothing too much. Also, when I turn my Wi-Fi off, it's working like charm.

Can anyone help me please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are much newer wireless and bluetooth drivers than the ones on your notebook's support page, so the only suggestion I can offer, would be to install the latest drivers and see if that resolves the problem.

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

2023.46.1031.2016 Rev.A (26 Dec 2016)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78748.exe

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek bluetooth in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

1.0.0.60 Rev.A (12 Dec 2016)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78623.exe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are much newer wireless and bluetooth drivers than the ones on your notebook's support page, so the only suggestion I can offer, would be to install the latest drivers and see if that resolves the problem.

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

2023.46.1031.2016 Rev.A (26 Dec 2016)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78748.exe

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek bluetooth in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

1.0.0.60 Rev.A (12 Dec 2016)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78623.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.

The sound on my headphones are much smoother (even tho I get some stutters here and there, it is not as disturbing as it was before).

The mouse is performing even better now.

While I'm at it, how do I keep all my drivers up to date if my device manager is not updating it even if I manually try to update something?

Once again, thank you for a fast response and solving my issues.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I can use the HP support assistant to check for driver updates.  Just make sure you don't set it to automatically download and install the updates.

I don't normally check for driver updates unless something is not working as was in your situation.

You can install the latest version of the HPSA from the link below.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/pl...

Windows Update is not reliable because it will only work if the hardware manufacturer pushes a driver update to the Microsoft Update catalog website.

That is why most of the time when you try to update a driver like you did, it reports the best driver is already installed.

The only other way to update drivers would be to go to the individual hardware manufacturer's websites to see if they have updated drivers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.