Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a dv5-1000us and after reinstalling windows, I lost a lot of drivers. The only one I am still missing is the driver for the remote control that comes with my laptop so I can control my laptop from afar. I have Vista Ultimate (32x).

I posted this in the other forum about a week ago, so a quick response would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Para 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Remote control driver is ENE CIR, have you installed it? here

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Remote control driver is ENE CIR, have you installed it? here

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
HP Recommended

yep, that fixed it. Thanks!

I wish drivers were better labelled. I have a limited bandwidth, so I don't want to waste it on randomly downloading drivers. ENE CIR isn't a very helpful name.

HP Recommended

Glad to know you have solved the problem.

Please assign this thread as a solve thread to help other in the future.

______

HP Recommended

Thanks

HP Recommended

cphaines, a Kudos for you!

Good job finding this thread.

______

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I have a problem with my remote control-it doesn't work.

It came together with my computer so I don't have any usb along with it, only the remote. 

I have a HP Pavilion dv6-2190us and I also formated it some months ago so I guess I missing some drivers but I don't know exactly which 😞 

Thanks!!

HP Recommended

Hello CJovanovska. In order to assist you, I need you to answer a few questions:

What is the model number of the controller?

What is the Operating System of the computer?
Has the controller ever worked, and have you tried another one?

Please respond as soon as possible. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hello, 

The model of the controller is RC 6 with infrared. 

The operating system is Win 7.

I have this PC for almost 2 years but I have never use the remote. I unpacked it for the first time now, inserted the battery as indicated and it just doesn't work. No, haven't tried with other remotes.

THnaks!!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information. After researching the issue, I noticed the remote was manufactured by Canon. I would contact their support for more information. Refer to this link for Canon support numbers: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/standard_display/contact_by_phone_pro. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.