Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 13-ay0995nz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Two days ago I had to make a compulsory bios update. After this update the Notebook produces every time a screeching sound when there should be an audio. The headphones still work but there is no audio.

I've already updated and reinstalled the audio driver and also reinstalled the newest bios update.

The audio troubleshooting didn't find any problems but my laptop was screeching while it was "testing" the audio.

When I deactivate Realtek(R) Audio there is no screeching sound but I then also don't have any audio.

Bios Version: 10.0.18362.1

Audio driver Version: 6.0.8923.1

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jena622

I reviewed your post and I understand that there is screeching noise when you play audio.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you download and install the audio driver from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

Audio driver version: 6.0.8963.1 Rev.A: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp105501-106000/sp105839.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Thank you very much for your suggestion. In the meantime I already did call the customer support but it looks like I'll have to send the Notebook to the repair center as we unofortunately could not find a solution....

I still tried to install the driver as you suggested but it says "the driver is not supported on this OS version (10.0.1863)"

HP Recommended

@jena622

Thank you for the update.

What is the Windows version installed on your computer? (Like 1903, 1909 or 2004)

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.