Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Well I just got off the phone with HP "Support" who connected me with Level 2 support and charged me $50 to tell me its actually a hardware issue and theres nothing they can do about it. Ive never been charged $50 for tech support in general, had a problem unresolved, and then not at least have my money refunded. So I can at least save you $50 and a lot of wasted time there. 

My next options  are looking into external USB Sound cards that can bypass the internal card and my DAW can hopefully work with that. Otherwise, i may be subject to returning this computer if I can and getting a Lenovo which I know supports 44000Hz. 

So it seems to be an HP thing, and after just spending $1100 on this computer, I know its not the highest end, but its also not a toy for that price. I was hoping to at least get an entry level sound card like my previous computer that can be set to a default 44000Hz. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Bummer. At least I had an easy way out. I hope the external sound card works for you. I wonder if we'd have had the same problem with an Acer?

Good luck for the New Year.

HP Recommended

@NicholasFreeman

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns and frustration

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Michael. Yes I will report back on this thread if it does so others can resolve this in the future. 

Also a a good tip going forward is to try your brand in a store if at al possible and checking in volume controls if it supports multiple bit rates before buying! 

Happy New Years 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.