Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-cn0008ca laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!  I have a a 2 year old HP ENVY x360 - 15-cn0008ca laptop running with latest windows 10 and Bang & Olufsen speakers. Recently I have noticed the sound starts out normal and then becomes quieter within several seconds. I have to set the level at 24 to get the same volume as I used to get at 10. I have noticed there are many people complaining about this issue. I have tried the trouble shooters for Windows and Hp and neither seems to detect any issues. I have made sure to install all updates as they come up. When I ask to update driver in device manager i get message that driver is up to date.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek (R) audio driver twice. I even tried an HP chatbot virtual assistant which suggested HP recovery manager only to find out that there isn't one on my laptop. From reading posts on this support forum, it seems this stems from recent Windows updates?? If HP and Windows know this is an issue why can't they fix this?!  I would appreciate any help with this, as you can see I have tried some of the suggestions and nothing is working and so I am getting frustrated. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jojoG 

Please perform a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
                                    https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110145.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
   (c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
   (d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@jojoG 

Please perform a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
                                    https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110145.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
   (c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
   (d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you HP expert Banhien!

I had to do the process twice but it worked in the end.  Your instructions were very clear and concise and easy to follow and all my problems were solved : )

You have my vote for HP expert 2021 award!

Thanks again,

Joanne

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.