Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre 13t-3000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

After updating to Windows 10 1607 I have a problem with the sound LED indicator (F11 key).

It's always red now even if I turn on the sound (by pressing fn + f11 key or by turning on the sound in Windows menu).

Before the update the LED turns white when I turn on the sound. Reinstaling IDT driver didn't help. What can you recommend to solve this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Mykyta, 

Thank you for your response! 

Did the issue start after a recent Windows 10 update? If yes, then I suggest a System restore to before that point, and see if the issue is resolved. Then you can block the particular Windows 10 update from happening again. How to temporarily prevent a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

Remember to please return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Hope this post helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Mykyta

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I read your post on how your F11 key is not working properly with your HP Spectre 13t-3000 Notebook. And, I am happy to help! 

If pressing any of the function key does nothing, the function keys are not working. Use the following steps to replace the driver for those keys:

1. Go to HP.com (in English).

2. On the menu bar at the top under Support, click Software and drivers.

Figure : HP website

HP website with Support and Software and drivers highlighted
  3. Type in your HP model number.

For help finding your model number, click the question mark.

Figure : Enter my HP model number

Enter my hp model number, showing the field to type in
  4. Next, select the operating system installed on the computer.

For help finding your operating system, right-click My Computer (or Computer) and select Properties.

5. Download and install the HOT KEYS driver for your operating system.

After installing the new driver, the function keys should work normally.

Source: Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎.

Please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Hope this post helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

@RnRMusicMan wrote:
  1. Download and install the HOT KEYS driver for your operating system.

After installing the new driver, the function keys should work normally.

Thanks, but there is no such a driver for Win 10 for my notebook.

Maybe my explanation of the problem wasn't clear enough. The function keys works nice. I can switch on and switch off the sound with the fn + f11 key. When the sound is off the LED should be red, when the sound is on, the LED should be white. I my case the LED is always red. This is the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Mykyta,

What was the version of Windows that came with the Notebook? 

For now, please try our HP Support Assistant, and let me know what happens! 

Another option is to consider rolling back to a previous Windows build that worked. 

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope to hear from you soon! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

My notebook came with Win 8.1. Yes, I can roll back to Win 8.1, but HP support page states my notebook is Win 10 ready. There are driveres for Win 10, there are advices on migrating to Win 10 and so on.

I tried Support Assitant. It doesn't help with the problem (there are no new drivers).

HP Recommended

Hi Mykyta, 

Did the issue start after a recent Windows 10 update? If yes, then I suggest a System restore to before that point, and see if the issue is resolved. Then you can block the particular Windows 10 update from happening again. How to temporarily prevent a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

Remember to please return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Hope this post helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Yes, restoring the previous build solves the problem. But my post is about the latest build.

If there is no way to solve the problem on the latest build - ok, let it be the reminder for the guys responsible for the driver updates. :generic:

HP Recommended

Hi Mykyta, 

Thank you for your reply! 

I would honestly stay with the build that it's currently working on for now. And, wait it out to see if drivers become more available in the future. For now at least you have the functionality you are looking for. 

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Best regards! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.