Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Gave a new HP Pavilion - 15Z Laptop to my wife who is blind for Christmas. Uses a screen reader. Today we started it and the sound was loud distorted and had no control with the sliders or function keys! Not good for a blind user. Tried to contact HP support. Phone number provided 800-474-6836 doesn't work. Tried the store customer service number 800-407-4005. was bounced to a support agent who couldn't hear me so she hung up. Tried looking up the online support for my product code VON65AV_1 but that isn't a valid product code for some reason.

I don't know how folks get support for a brand new HP computer from HP. Can someone help me get to a person that can help or suggest a fix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @BobC10

Thank you for posting back.

I would like you to use the computer and check, I am positive that everything will work fine.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BobC10

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand the sound is too loud and you don't have a controller,

Don't worry I'll suggest a few steps that should help resolve your concern:

You could start with disabling Audio enhancements: Click here

And with regards to the volume slider, have you tried using the Fn + F6 or Fn + F7 or Fn + F8 to increase or decrease the sound on your HP 15z laptop,

In fact, to help you out, check the image below:

f_0165495.jpg

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion but we tried keys as you described but they had no effect on the sound from the laptop internal speakers. Likewise the screen slider in the lower right had no effect. Fortunatly after at least one restart normal operation started later yesterday. All seems normal now but 

Clearly I am not a Windows guy and little cautious about changing settings like "enhancements" on a fresh out of the box computer. Maybe if it happens again. 

HP Recommended

Hi @BobC10

Thank you for posting back.

I would like you to use the computer and check, I am positive that everything will work fine.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.