cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Millieredrup20
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Sound not working after windows update

HP Recommended
HP 15s-eq1510sa 15.6

HI,

I have a brand new laptop which has just finished a windows update. Now the sound is not working at all although it does still work through headphones.

ive checked the drivers, and done a troubleshoot and no problems reported but it is still not working.

The speaker is called Realtek. I haven’t uninstalled and reinstall this yet as it’s a new laptop and wouldn’t have thought I’d need to! 

can anyone help at all?

5 REPLIES 5
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,779 65,492 12,538 21,608
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Millieredrup20 

Please perform a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver (Nov 30, 2020) and save on your computer,
             https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111325.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
   (c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
   (d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Millieredrup20
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, this did not work, can you help?

thanks

BigLee1
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having same issue.  Didi you get this resolved ?

Millieredrup20
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, nothing here worked.

I called HP who went on my laptop for me and fixed it within minutes. Brilliant service.

BigLee1
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

had to install realtek drivers and applet  for wind 10.  Between Hp and Microsoft they have broken this 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation