Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 Model# 1wu66av
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

No video games, no Youtube, I have no sound at all! HP Employees, please help!

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi. Anybody have a solution?

HP Recommended

Check out new drivers.

HP Recommended

Hi. I tried the driver install several times and it didn't work! HELP!!!

HP Recommended

HP employees - any help??? Still no sound at all!!! Is the Spectre 360 just garbage? I need sound!!!

HP Recommended

I really need Youtube for some how-to vids, but need sound!!! Please! I need sound!

HP Recommended

@azhiker2000 Did you check with a headphone or an external set of speakers to check if that works?

Did you update to the latest drivers from the HP website?

(Click here to find and install, if you haven't)

If the issue persists, please try the below steps:

1. Go to Windows Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers section.
  2. In the list of audio device drivers, look for Realtek High Definition Audio or Conexant (depending on what driver you have).
  3. Right-click and select Disable. The downward arrow displays on this driver, indicating it is disabled. (NOTE: At this point, you won’t be able to play any music files.)
  4. Right-click and select Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
  6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. You should see a window that says Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware. NOTE: If you see a window that says something like This is the best driver for this device, exit the window and repeat steps 4, 5, and 6.
  8. In the Model box, highlight High Definition Audio Device (this is the substitute audio device driver) and click Next.
  9. At the Update Driver Warning window, click Yes. You should see a confirmation window with High Definition Audio Device displayed. Click Close.
  10. In the list of audio device drivers in the Sound, video and game controllers section, you’ll notice that the High Definition Audio Device now displays instead of Realtek High Definition Audio.
  11. At the prompt to reboot, click Yes.
  12. Enjoy your music now with no compression

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi!

Headphones DO work.

I followed your instructions for the device driver. However, when choosing the model, High Definition Audio Device is not an option. Realtek High Definition Audio(SST) Version: 6.08940.1 [4/22/2020] is the only option. "Device" isn't in the description.

So, I didn't see "High Definition Audio Device" displayed instead of "Realtek High Definition Audio"

Reboot option didn't even appear. 

What next?

HP Recommended

@azhiker2000 uninstall the drive you have, if you've attempted to update the same and following the suggested steps, yet it didn't work,

And then restart the computer, if the issue persists, create a new user account and let me know if that works.

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi.

1. You state I should uninstall the drive I have. Please tell me where to find the drive so that I can uninstall it. I'm not sure I understand your instructions for this.

2. You state that if step #1 doesn't work I should create a new user account. I don't understand what you mean by this.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.