Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@azhiker2000

To uninstall the Audio Driver

- Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Audio Input & Output Adapters and expand the List
- Look for Audio driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the Audio driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the drive

To create a New User Account please refer to this Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi.

If you take the time to see my posts, I've already gone through the first steps of reinstalling the audio driver several times. This step does not make the speakers work.

I set up the additional Microsoft account. Now what steps?

HP Recommended

@azhiker2000

I understand your concerns.

Please perform the below steps and check.

1) Select Start, and in the search box, enter Command Prompt. Press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the search results and select Run as administrator. 

2) Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the spaces before each "/"). 

3) Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/"). 

If the issue still persists, please perform the system reset

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

You gave me TERRIBLE advice! I tried the first suggestion and it didn't work-NO SOUND. I then tried the second suggestion that you so casually offered, and what a mess you created for me! Although SOME of my personal settings were retained, I had to reinstall so may programs and apps, and recreate settings. It's taken me weeks to almost get back to normal. By the way, IT DIDN'T WORK AND MY LAPTOP SPEAKERS STILL DO NOT WORK!

Did HP really sell me a laptop with defective speakers?

HP Recommended

@azhiker2000

Please run an Audio Test from F2 Diagnostic and let me know if the issue persists during the Test

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the Notebook.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Audio

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi. I ran the test twice. Each time, I could hear a sound from the speakers. However, speakers still aren't working.

HP Recommended

@azhiker2000 If the speakers are working fine during the test, however, it doesn't work while you are attempting to use it in windows, this could be a windows issue and I suggest you backup all your personal files and data into an external storage device and reset windows using the steps mentioned here.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi. I already did your "steps mentioned here" a couple of weeks ago. It took me a couple of weeks to get everything back on the computer. I added items back onto the computer one at a time, testing the speakers each time, to make sure it wasn't a bad app issue. So, following your steps has already been done and doesn't work. What next?

HP Recommended

@azhiker2000

If the issue persists after the Reset I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is terrible! I've worked within this forum for such a long time to fix the issue with HP speakers, only to find out HP sold me a junk laptop! You're now suggesting that I pay a service center to fix a problem with the speakers HP installed. This is not an inexpensive laptop and I really expected it to work well for much longer than just out of the warranty period! Is this what you're telling me?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.