07-31-2020 10:26 AM
No video games, no Youtube, I have no sound at all! HP Employees, please help!
08-04-2020 08:43 AM
@azhiker2000 Did you check with a headphone or an external set of speakers to check if that works?
Did you update to the latest drivers from the HP website?
(Click here to find and install, if you haven't)
If the issue persists, please try the below steps:
- Go to Windows Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers section.
- In the list of audio device drivers, look for Realtek High Definition Audio or Conexant (depending on what driver you have).
- Right-click and select Disable. The downward arrow displays on this driver, indicating it is disabled. (NOTE: At this point, you won’t be able to play any music files.)
- Right-click and select Update Driver Software.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- You should see a window that says Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware. NOTE: If you see a window that says something like This is the best driver for this device, exit the window and repeat steps 4, 5, and 6.
- In the Model box, highlight High Definition Audio Device (this is the substitute audio device driver) and click Next.
- At the Update Driver Warning window, click Yes. You should see a confirmation window with High Definition Audio Device displayed. Click Close.
- In the list of audio device drivers in the Sound, video and game controllers section, you’ll notice that the High Definition Audio Device now displays instead of Realtek High Definition Audio.
- At the prompt to reboot, click Yes.
- Enjoy your music now with no compression
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
08-04-2020 09:22 AM
Headphones DO work.
I followed your instructions for the device driver. However, when choosing the model, High Definition Audio Device is not an option. Realtek High Definition Audio(SST) Version: 6.08940.1 [4/22/2020] is the only option. "Device" isn't in the description.
So, I didn't see "High Definition Audio Device" displayed instead of "Realtek High Definition Audio"
Reboot option didn't even appear.
08-04-2020 05:38 PM
@azhiker2000 uninstall the drive you have, if you've attempted to update the same and following the suggested steps, yet it didn't work,
And then restart the computer, if the issue persists, create a new user account and let me know if that works.
I am an HP Employee
08-04-2020 07:08 PM
1. You state I should uninstall the drive I have. Please tell me where to find the drive so that I can uninstall it. I'm not sure I understand your instructions for this.
2. You state that if step #1 doesn't work I should create a new user account. I don't understand what you mean by this.