Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
09-12-2020 01:26 PM
My new HP Pavilion Laptop, (15-cs3xxx) was working flawlessly for about a month. But now, out of the blue, the headphones can't receive sound from the computer. The speakers just play the audio out loud and the headphones remain silent. I have looked in to many different solutions, from HP diagnostics to surfing YouTube for solutions, But I'm beginning to think its an internal problem and it must be sent to the professionals or returned.
Here are some of the things I've tried.
- I ran diagnostics on audio settings, speaker settings, and used all the troubleshooting options available within my computer.
- I tried things from YouTube tutorials, including videos from the official HP channel.
- I tried three different headphone devices including earbuds.
- I checked the devices list on settings, no headphones were detected no matter how many times I plugged them in.
- I surfed the HP support center and the official website.
- I used a micro-screwdriver to press the sensor in the headphone port.
None of those things has helped, and my family members tried to help too. What I'm looking for is a solution to detect the headphone jack. I believe it might be a problem with the processor or the audio port. I really don't want to send it back for repairs or replacement.
Thank you for viewing, any suggestions would be much appreciated- Kelly
1 REPLY 1
09-14-2020 05:07 PM
@Kellyhox Seems like you've done quite a lot of research on this, If you've already tried three different headphones and yet the same issue persists, it's confirmed that the headphone post has failed/requires a replacement and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:
1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Click on "Show Options".
Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!
Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from,
here's how private messages work: Click here for details.
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community