Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY x360 15m-ee0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Inconsistently but once per day, using Microsoft Teams, WebEx, or Zoom for zudio/video conferencing ... at random points the audio completely cuts out into loud static/white noise.  The noise will only discontinue if the power button is held down for 5 seconds. 

Diagnostics do not recognize any issues, and hardware component tests of audio passed testing. BIOS was also updated yesterday, and all drivers remain up to date as does Windows.

This laptop is almost three months old, and this is the second audio issue.  The first was that the microphone was no longer detected, which involved reinstalling Windows.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@stem726, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Are you using a headphone or internal speaker for the calls?

Check if the issue persists with both. You may try using a different headphones to isolate the issue.

Go to device manager > 

1. Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.

2. Right-click the audio device, and then select Update Driver.

3. Click Search automatically for updated driver software to check for and install a driver.

4. If no driver is found, uninstall the driver

5. Restart the computer.

Check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@stem726, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Are you using a headphone or internal speaker for the calls?

Check if the issue persists with both. You may try using a different headphones to isolate the issue.

Go to device manager > 

1. Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.

2. Right-click the audio device, and then select Update Driver.

3. Click Search automatically for updated driver software to check for and install a driver.

4. If no driver is found, uninstall the driver

5. Restart the computer.

Check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks!

Ended up uninstalling, but restarting the machine did not reinstall the driver. Going out to the AMD site and downloading/installing the drivers worked. 

HP Recommended

Hi Stem,

Can I ask for an update regarding this? I have the same issue with my envy laptop, but my microphone gets disabled with the audio at the same time. I'll give these steps a try as well.

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@mfalchion

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Please help us with the exact model details to help you better 🙂

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had the disappearing microphone prior, where the internal mic was no longer recognized. I went through HP support to fix that. Ended up reinstalling windows then performing the uninstall/reinstall as indicated for this issue.

I’d recommend walking through it with HP Support. 

HP Recommended

I'm actually withdrawing this resolution.  The problem is still prevalent.  When the noise occurs, the people on the other end of the video chat cannot hear the loud white/static noise.  I've run the diagnostic tool while it occurs, and no issues are found.  After a few minutes, everything locks up and i have to force a restart by holding down the power button for the noise to stop since nothing else responds.

I've resorted to resetting windows for the 3rd time now since June to fix an issue.  I'll try to uninstall and reinstall the AMD device for the third time as well.

This is disappointing, for sure.

HP Recommended

@stem726

Thank you for posting back.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still no resolution.  That did not work.

Please advise ...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.