Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 14-ba035ur
Microsoft Windows 11

After upgrading to Windows 11, the built-in microphone stopped working for me, the speakers work fine. The presence of problems with voice recording distorts the recorded voice. The distorting noise is recorded in the voice recording. Everything that could be done was done, nothing helped.

После обновления до Windows 11 встроенный микрофон перестал работать у меня, динамики работают нормально. Наличие проблем с записью голоса искажает записываемый голос. Искажающий шум записывается в голосовой записи. Все, что можно было сделать, было сделано, ничего не помогало.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi@Askhat,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing issues with the HP Pavilion Laptop the built-in microphone stopped working.

I have a few recommendations 

• Update your Notebook computer to the latest BIOS from HP.COM.
  • Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date. 
  • Check with any alternate USB/Wireless headphones and check if mic works fine.
  • Try doing Reset PC Keep my files and check if it works.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello, the Bios really was an old version of 20218, we updated it to the latest version of 2021. But it didn't help. HP Support Assistant writes that the recording device is working fine, but the voice is still not recorded, while the microphone reacts to tapping on the laptop case. We did not reset to factory settings, since specialized programs are installed and we do not want to lose their settings, especially since the update to Windows 11 was last week and we do not see the point of doing a reset.

HP Recommended

Hi@Askhat,

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

Did you check with any alternate USB/Wireless headphones and check if mic works fine.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Good afternoon! We checked the microphone through a wired and wireless headset, the sound is recorded in good quality, but the sound is recorded very quietly through the built-in microphone. And most importantly, Microsoft updates for the Realtek driver have arrived today. We installed them and now when printing text and any touch to the laptop through the speakers, touch sounds with an echo are heard. This is the first time we have encountered such a thing. And not only sounds and voices with echoes are heard, although all recording programs are turned off. Is the microphone turned on? And the sharp changes in the echo are very loud.

HP Recommended
  • To let apps access the microphone, select Start, then select Settings  > Privacy  > Microphone. Select Change, then turn on Allow apps to access your microphone.

• After allowing access to the microphone, you can choose which Microsoft Store apps can access these features under Choose which Microsoft Store apps can access your microphone, and give access to non-Microsoft-Store desktop apps by ensuring that the switch beneath Allow desktop apps to access your microphone is set to On.

Others can't hear me

Try the following solutions:

• If your headset has a Mute button, make sure it isn't active.

• Make sure that your microphone or headset is connected correctly to your computer.

• Make sure that your microphone or headset is the system's default recording device. Here's how to do this in Windows 10:

1. Select Start , then select Settings  > System > Sound .

2. In Input, ensure your microphone is selected in Choose your input device.

3. To test your microphone, speak into it and check Test your microphone to make sure Windows is

HP Recommended

We checked through third-party headphones the sound is recorded well. But the sound is not recorded at all through the built-in microphone. When tapping on the laptop, it reacts, it does not record the voice.

HP Recommended

We've done it all for a long time. We checked through third-party headphones the sound is recorded well. But the sound is not recorded at all through the built-in microphone. When tapping on the laptop, it reacts, it does not record the voice.

HP Recommended

Hi@Askhat,

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

It could be a hardware issue with the built-in microphone in the laptop. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out. HP provides repair or service options for out of warranty products as well. Hence I encourage you to contact HP support for all warranty service options.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:  

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp 

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.  

4) Select the country from the drop-down.  

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.  

6) Fill the web form and proceed further.  

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.