Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been trying desperately to uninstall DTS Sound from my laptop, but to no avail. DTS seems to have come preinstalled onto my computer. I have tried uninstalling the Realtek Audio driver as there is no DTS driver (like I said, preinstalled on the computer), and reinstalled just Realtek. When I do this, DTS automatically takes over once again. How can I seperate DTS from Realtek and then delete it completely? Thanks for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @angrya,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I understand that you need to uninstall or disable DTS on your computer. I’ll be glad to assist you. I found a great response in  the HP forums authored by EllePi

Steps to do it:

• Go to task manager, start, disable the “Audio Realtek “entry.
  • Restart the computer.
  • It should work.

Please visit this link: DTS Audio Control Panel - Please help me remove this! - HP Support Community - 5313002

You might want to check this link out as well: http://hp.care/2cz81LW

If it does not pan out do let me know. I am always there to assist you. Please let me know the product# of the computer in your next post if this does not fix it.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community and If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos" and also please mark it as “Accepted as Solution”.

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

First off @DavidSMP, thanks for the very thorough response! This did work to disable both DTS and Realtek which left me with the defaut windows audio. However, if you wouldn't mind explaining, I'm wondering whether or not it is possible to get rid of DTS audio control panel while keeping Realtek HD Audio Manager. Thanks!

This is an HP Pavilion 17-e017dx

HP Recommended

Hi @angrya,

Thanks for replying.  I am glad that you were at least able to disable  DTS. I looked up the HP support site and there is no separate listing for Realtek audio drivers for windows 10.  So what I will do is provide you a couple of links to download the driver from hp.com for windows 8 and windows 8.1. Ideally, these drivers should work for windows 10.

However, If DTS audio comes back then it is integrated with the Realtek Sound drivers.  If it is not integrated then we may be able to figure out a way to  uninstall it. I am glad that I am working with an extremely smart tech savvy individual. Check in Control Panel- Programs and Features if there is a listing for DTS software. You could uninstall it if it is found. If there is only a listing for Realtek then both are integrated. This may be a possible limitation of the audio driver for Realtek and DTS.

Link for Realtek audio for windows 8: http://hp.care/2cCXHCE

Link for Realtek audio driver for windows 8.1: http://hp.care/2cCXHCE

Please try installing these drivers and check if only Realtek audio shows up without DTS.

Hope this helps! Please let me know how this goes. Please mark this post as “Accepted  Solution” if it helps. Kudos would also be appreciated for my efforts by clicking the “Thumbs Up” button.

Take care and have a splendid week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.