Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TS 14 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried using Zoom last night and also Skype but was not able to network.

On Zoom I can see the other parties on video and I can hear them but they cannot see or hear me. On video, they're seeing a black screen only and zilch on audio.

I've been through all of Windows 10 troubleshooting and those have not helped. I tried HP Assistant and as far as HP is concerned all is fine and dandy.

Help!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@TerryWA,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the audio and video are not working when you are using Zoom and Skype.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Have you tested the camera using the Windows camera App?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps to fix the microphone issues.

1. Run Audio Troubleshooter

- Launch Troubleshooting by typing and clicking “Troubleshooting” in   

Windows search.

- Click on "Playing Audio".

- Follow the on-screen instructions.

2. Check if microphone isn't disabled.

- Right click on the Volume Icon on the taskbar, select "Recording Devices".

- Click on "Show disconnected devices", and "Show disabled devices".

- Select on Microphone, click on "Properties". If it is disabled, enable it.

- Once enabled, set Microphone as default audio input device.

3. Check if microphone isn't muted.

- Right Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar, select "Volume Mixer".

- On the Microphone slider, slide it up to 100%.

4. Boost sensitivity of Microphone

- Right Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar, select "Recording".

- Double click on Microphone.

- Open the Levels Tab, move the Microphone boost slider up to check audio.

5. Disable enhancements

- Right Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar, select "Recording“, Double

click on Microphone.

- Open the Enhancements / Effects Tab.

- Check "Disable All Sound / System Effects“. Click Apply, OK, test the Microphone again.

6. Change format of the Microphone

- Right click on the Volume Icon on the taskbar, select "Recording Devices".

- Double click on Microphone.

- Go to the Advanced Tab, choose any of the 16 bit options on the list.

For webcam, follow the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03430151

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've followed your instructions with no success.

1. I ran the troubleshooter. There were two input devices for the first (Speaker/HP - Realtek high definition audio (current default device)) the result was: "Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all the issues found. Problem found: Generic audio driver detected."

For the second device (Digital Audio (HDMI) - 2 - high definition Audio device), it asked me to "Plug in speaker, headset or headphone". I abandoned as Ido not have any. I've never used any before.

2. There was no "Recording Devices" listed on the volume icon. So I selected "Open Sound Settings" => Input => Microphone (Realtek High Definition) ==> Device properties. It was not disabled.

3. There is no microphone slider in volume mixer

4. NA

5. There is no "recording" in the volume mixer

6. Volume icon => Open Sound Settings => Input => Device Properties => Advanced => Changed to other 16bit (DC quality) - dialog box warns that this be being used by another device so I did not select it.

I followed instructions for Video. I opened "Camera" and very briefly my image appeared on screen but when I pulled the screen forward the image disappeared and the screen went to black. I downloaded and installed CyberLink YouCam Essentials but it said "cannot connect to capture device SPCA2082 PC Camera". There was no other capture device option.

What next??

Thanks

HP Recommended

@TerryWA,

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and perform a system restore back to the date when the webcam was working fine and check.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The system restore point only goes back two days so this is not an option.

HP Recommended

@TerryWA,

Perform a system reset following the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am getting an error message:

0xA00F4289<Active Camera Unplugged> (0xC00D3EA2) 

I have followed the Help advice that pops up with this error message such as checking that anti-virus software is not blocking the camera, checking apps privacy, checking for updated drivers etc and it still remains at a black screen.

How can this be fixed?

HP Recommended

@TerryWA,

Did you perform a reset on the computer?

If yes, then follow the steps in the below article and perform a test on the webcam.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP diagnostics show that all the drivers are valid and all the software is working well. 

With this result, I did not attempt a reset. This entire process is just too cumbersome and longwinded.

I have another HP laptop in the house and I tried to use that but the webcam is also not working. Seems like a Windows 10 upgrade thing.

I have spent too much time on this back and forth without a solution and I am inclined to discard HP laptops and return to Toshiba or another brand that will work.

Regards

HP Recommended

@TerryWA,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.