Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Spectre x360 aw0116na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I play videos, the audio gradually gets ahead of the video.  This happens whether I am watching on Chrome or edge browsers.

I have updated windows to the most recent version, and have also updated the BIOS, audio and video drivers to the most recent ones which are available for my system on the HP website.

I have run audio troubleshooter, have tried turning off audio enhancements and hardware acceleration and have tried turning off exclusive mode and changing the audio quality to DVD quality, none of which has made a difference.

I have only had the laptop for a few days and it has done this right out of the box- not the behaviour I would expect from a brand new laptop.  Help would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Bendelack,

I reviewed your post and I understand that there is audio and video sync issue.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you perform a reset on the computer following the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have followed the instructions as suggested and have reset windows, but with no improvement.

Of note, it does not happen when I am listening through bluetooth headphones, suggesting to me that it may be a problem with the audio driver, but I have the most up to date version of this.

Have you any other suggestions please?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Bendelack,

I recommend you uninstall the audio driver from the device manager and then download and install the driver from the below link.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp100001-100500/sp100216.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, that is no better.  In fact, since my last post, the problem is happening with headphones too.

I find it astonishing that a brand new laptop is having this problem.  Watching any sort of media is virtually impossible.

Do you know how I can escalate this please?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Bendelack,

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, did you find a solution for this? I have the same issue. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi, no solution yet.

I phoned the help desk. They took a load of info off my computer and I hadn't heard anything after a week. I chased again yesterday and was promised a call back, but still nothing.

It is all pretty poor for a premium device and the communication is awful.

HP Recommended

@Bendelack 

I understand your concerns.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

If you have the case ID, please contact our phone support once again. They will assist you.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hello,

I was having the same issue with my HP Spectre x360 15-df1010na laptop which was annoying for such an expensive laptop.

I thank the LORD though, the information in the following post by HP Employee Echo_Lake solved the problem simply, and superbly:-

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/videos-lagging-on-my-computer/m-p/752...

I hope it works for you too!

Carl H

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.