Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Laptop 15-cw1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It appears that the volume starts high after I reboot my laptop but then suddenly lowers after 3-5 seconds.

My Audio Driver Specs:

Driver: Realtek Semiconductor Corp

Driver Date: 9/17/2019

Driver Version: 6.0.8799.1

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

I've tried trouble shooting, uninstalling and installing the local audio drivers, disabled audio enhancements, selected "Do Nothing" in the communications tab of "Sound"...yet the problem still persists.

A user called Banhien told me to do the following:

" Please do a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
              https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp100001-100500/sp100144.exe
(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again. "

However, the problem still persists.

I've tried the previous process several times without success, so I don't know if that may actually matter.

I have noticed that every time "I go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek), reboot and go to Device Manager again and sound". The driver is installed again, so perhaps this may be the problem

I'd appreciate if anyone out there can help me. 

My laptop has less than 3 months old

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI, Did you find any solutions? Assuming you're using AMD, Try rolling back drivers for the AMD Audio coProcessor.

>Device Manager>System Devices>AMD Audio CoProcessor>Properties>Driver>Rollback Driver

It worked for me (at least for now). Not sure if problem will not reoccur in the future.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

HI, Did you find any solutions? Assuming you're using AMD, Try rolling back drivers for the AMD Audio coProcessor.

>Device Manager>System Devices>AMD Audio CoProcessor>Properties>Driver>Rollback Driver

It worked for me (at least for now). Not sure if problem will not reoccur in the future.

HP Recommended

Works for me!

Thanks

HP Recommended

You have my eternal gratitude!

If you have a BTC, ETH, XMR or BAT address share it here. I'd like to tip you 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks it fix my sound problem too!   Second time this happen on a window update to my AMD Pavilion laptop.  The first time it happen it was fixed by the sound trouble shooter but this time that did not work until I found this solutions.  Much apricated!,

HP Recommended

I'm experiencing the same problem on my HP AMD laptop (Pavilion 15z-cw100 CTO).  When I go to Device Mgr > System Devices > AMD Audio Coprocessor Properties > Driver tab, I find that all the buttons, including Roll Back Driver are greyed out.  One exception: the Driver Details button is not greyed out.  Events tab indicates that it was updated on 6/27/20, with details showing as follows:

Device configured (oem85.inf)

Device not started (amdacpbus)

Device installed (amdacpbus.inf_amd64. . .

Any idea why they rollback button is greyed out?

Thanks_

HP Recommended

I'm having the same with my Pavillion too!!!

Problem is I've updated Win 10 to ver 2004, so all previous restore points have disappeared, and all "rollback" drivers on the sound front are greyed out. 

You run youtube...then gradually goes quiet...done all the things listed on this website and others....did do a system restore before Win 10 2004 update, and that worked....but the update came back withaengence and I couldn't get out of it. 

Lost the will to live on this one...anyone have any other suggestions? Perhaps tell me where to get an old AMD sound driver for this same laptop?

Heeeeeeeeeelp! 

HP Recommended

To update: 

1)  I found another way to log in that gave me access as an administrator.  That eliminated the greyed out buttons, and enabled me to roll back that driver as Yarixen suggested. 

2)  That provides an immediate solution to the problem.  The audio volume no longer fades quickly; stays constant now.   As Yarixen writes, I don't know how long this will last -- perhaps until the next Windows update?

But many thanks to Y for the solution.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm aleady an Administrator on my laptop...maybe run control panel in admin mode?

HP Recommended

One solution that might help you.   You can first check to see if you have the older driver on your hard drive. If so then do update driver and chose the option to let you point to it on your computer.    The driver that work for me was amdacpbus.sys  with a file date of 11/19/2019. My file was located at c:\windows\system32\drivers folder.  I also made a separate copy of that driver file as a backup in a new folder that I label sound fixed.  I suspect I will have this problem at the next Window update.  Good luck!  Mike

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.