Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi guys, have a problem with my volume keys F6, F7, F8. When pushing the keys to adjust volume they simply dont work or appear. Woke up one morning and it just stopped working, operating system is windows 10. Also my other function keys do not work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It still says the software is not supported, i think its because i have windows 10. @The_Fossette

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @shaun_b22

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the functions keys on your keyboard are not working.

I’d love to help!

Follow below steps to fix this issue.

1.Click the Start button, then click Run. 
2.In the Run window, next to Open, type MSCONFIG. 
3.Press the ENTER key. 
4.In the System Configuration Utility window, click the Startup tab. 
5. On the Startup tab, under Startup Item, ensure that there is a check in the HKserv checkbox. 

NOTE: If HKserv is missing, reinstall the Hot-Key Utility application by clicking on the below link.

http://hp.care/2jwJZ6l

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I downloaded thesoftware from the link that you provided and it says that it is not compatible with my laptop, when i tried install it. I think its because i have windows 10.

HP Recommended

Hi @shaun_b22

Thank you for posting back.

You can download and install the drivers from the link below.

http://hp.care/2jk5vfj

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It still say the software is not supported  

@The_Fossette wrote:

Hi @shaun_b22

Thank you for posting back.

You can download and install the drivers from the link below.

http://hp.care/2jk5vfj

Take care.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

It still says the software is not supported, i think its because i have windows 10. @The_Fossette

HP Recommended

Hi @shaun_b22,

Thanks for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you tried to install the softpaq but it says not supported, don't worry, though, as I have a few suggestions, which should help to resolve the issue,

I would suggest you try to perform a system restore to a previous date where it was all working fine, using this link.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you run the test on the keyboard to check the keys from F2 - Click here

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.