Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy m6 notebook M1W23UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been getting static sounds sometimes when a sound comes from the laptop speakers like a notification. Thing is it is not coming from the speakers, at least not the ones sounds come from. I though it might have been the speakers plugged in but I disconnected them and even muted sound but static comes from what looks like a speaker but it is a fake. How can I fix this? I am out of warranty and new warranty is too expensive.

Ok, I just found the cause, it is when the charger is plugged in but has never done this before. I unplugged it and static is gone. The charger is connected to a surge protector which is not connected to a grounded outlet, I dont think we even have one in my room.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jack413

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If that's the case, I'd request you to contact HP's phone support team for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Let me know how that pans out. 🙂

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Jack413

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with static sound. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 😉

Follow this document https://hp.care/2FDuuWg and perform a hard reset. Once done, Re-start the notebook and keep tapping F2. Run a complete system diagnostics.

If you have an alternate charger, try it and check if you get the sound.

This should do the trick for you.Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue.

The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Do I loose anything from performin a hard reset?

Thank you for the response.

HP Recommended

@Jack413

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

No, You won't loose anything, since the hard reset will remove any static power in the motherboard.

Give it a try and let me know. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I did the hard reset but didnt work.
HP Recommended

@Jack413

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If that's the case, I'd request you to contact HP's phone support team for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Let me know how that pans out. 🙂

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.