Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

You can test those drivers and see if they work for your PC but i wouldn't Reccomened doing that.

I would just wait for HP to Release the Correct Drivers for your PC.

HP Recommended

Did you go into control panel - Sound - doubleclick your speakers - Advanced & change the Default format to CD or Studio quality ?

It cured the skipping for me

HP Recommended

Yes i tried:

16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality)

16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)

16 bit, 96000 Hz (Studio Quality)

24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)

24 bit, 96000 Hz (Studio Quality)

Still had Skipping.

HP Recommended

Hello everyone. It's been a while since I've been on this forum, but I should probably post an update. It's been some time since I did this, but I reverted back to Windows 7.  The problem still persisted, so I just did a straight up factory reset on Windows 7 and now after updating drivers, BIOS and everything the problem is gone (I could not do this on Windows 10 because there were no HP drivers for Windows 10 for my computer). I will be on Windows 7 now.

HP Recommended

hey i'm glad that a Factory Reset worked for you.

If HP or Microsoft doesn't Fix the sound issue soon (before the free upgrade runs out somewhere in July 2016) i'll end up doing the same think.

But for right now my Temporary Solution works so i'm OK with unchecking a box in order to have Stereo Sound.

HP Recommended

You have no idea how thankful I am with you!
I was tired of having this problem since the update to Windows 10, now I am able to listen to those beautiful Bass sounds once again.

Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

Your Welcome.

If you need anymore help let me know and i'll see what i can do.

HP Recommended

Hey. I am having a headache over reading all this.

Here is my problem.

I had Windows 7, upgraded to 10.

Didnt have any sound.

Went to HP updated my driver to 8.1 Driver.

Sound works. I'm not into the beats audio thing, but I am not sure I did it right?

My original driver was IDT High Defintion Audio CODEC.

Now its the same.

I have changed the settings to 24 bit, 192000 HZ ( Studio Quality) and unchecked the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"

Does that sound fine? I am worried sound won't stay? Should I switch back to Windows 8.1?

I've also read that IDT doesn't make drivers anymore, Will there ever be a good updated driver for my computer.

Computer: HP Envy TS m6 Sleekbook K025dx

HP Recommended

sasvil9 Says: I have changed the settings to 24 bit, 192000 HZ ( Studio Quality) and unchecked the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"

ReconLegend Says: If 24 bit, 192000 HZ ( Studio Quality) was the same setting that was on Windows 7 then you should have any issues.

As for un checking "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"  i tried that as well but i didn't notice any advantage or disadvantage when doing that if i was you i would leave it checked.

sasvil9 Says: Does that sound fine? I am worried sound won't stay? Should I switch back to Windows 8.1?

ReconLegend Says: Yes that's fine. Wait i thought you Upgraded from Windows 7 ? anyway Switch back if your sound doesn't sound great like it did in windows 7 and you've tried all the fixes i listed and any others you can find out there on the HP Forums or Microsoft Community Forums.

sasvil9 Says: I've also read that IDT doesn't make drivers anymore, Will there ever be a good updated driver for my computer.

ReconLegend Says: Well i had no idea about that thanks for letting me know care to share where you read about that ?

Hopefully there will be good updated drivers from HP soon but if IDT doesn't make drivers anymore i guess that won't happen.

HP Recommended

ReconLegend,

When will this sorry story end? I just want a "x2" with win 10 that works. I have been waiting since last year to buy a new PC! I'm still using an Acer 10.1 netbook running XP. Seems HP will never get it's act together. And now they will split into two companies in Nov. Sure hope there will be some good news soon. I like HP products, however, I can not wait forever.

Ham123

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.