Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Since this weekend I have been playing with a fresh install of Windows 10 R2 1511 in the hope the new release would help solve some of the audio issues on my Sleekbook 14-b003sa with IDT HD Audio CODEC. I tried many different approaches with sp71886 the supposed Win10 compatable driver with some fairly good results. Volume was still a little down on Win8.1 but the sound was good and even better set to Studio 16k.

For the hell of it I installed the original 8/8.1 sp59802 driver and I expected to fail the installation but it installed and I have full volume and Signal Enhancements - Extra Signal Processing. The Dolby Advanced Audio panel is fully operational.

The volume does seem slightly louder than in 8.1 and I have noticed the smallest reverberation usually at the first vocal of an audio track and in Windows notifications but it's barely noticable. I have changed a couple of the notification sounds to Windows 8 sounds which don't highlight the reverb.

When using the headphone jack the sound is much improved by switching off  Dolby Advanced Audio. 

I don't want to get too many hopes up but had to post after 4 days of trials.

Merry Christmas all

HP Recommended

colsearle,

Wow;  If HP spent as much time to fix the audio problems we would all have a Merry Christmas.

Ham123   ps: Merry Christmas and enjoy your audio while it's still working.

HP Recommended

I faced the same problem on my HP ProBook.

A simple and working way to solve this problem is to install the hp driver after disabling driver signature enforcement on windows 10.

Disabling driver signature enforcement :

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-s...

IDT High Definition (HD) Audio Driver :

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5045464&swItemId=ob_125828_1&swEnvOid=415...

This worked 100% for me. Awesome..!!!...

HP Recommended

SRi92,

Let me start by wishing all a Happy New Year!   Well it looks like HP is perhaps is listening to their customers the few that are left. However it still looks like we have to teach HP how to manage audio. Why isn't HP's driver signed??  Anyway enjoy your audio.  I'm still holding off on any HP product until I can just read more good news about the audio quality.

Ham123

HP Recommended

Hey everyone here's a update.

Ever since microsoft rolled out updates for windows  10 Mainly the Driver Updates i've no longer had to use old methods such as using the old drivers from HP so far windows 10 drivers are working for my Laptop so everything is working out great.

I'm still using Drivers from AMD for My APU (Processor and Graphics) but everything else is from Microsoft i've been using Microsoft's Drivers for Months now and have had no issues.

Hopefully everyone else is having Success with those Drivers.

HP Recommended
ReconLedgen, Well sounds like M$ is listening lol. Perhaps Bill found some time to get away from giving away money and investing in "fission" power in China and also sticking his head in the cloud. This could be good new after so much bad new. Ham123 ps: let the good sounds roll.
HP Recommended

Thanks Ham i had no idea Microsoft was "giving away money and investing in "fission" power in China"

Hopefully that works out for them lol.

Anyways This Laptop i have is really getting old and HP was eventually going to quit making Drivers for it heck AMD stopped making new Drivers for the APU i have > Processor + Graphics: AMD A8-4500m, AMD Radeon 7640g.

All the new Drivers are for newer APU's,Discrete Graphics Cards and Processors.

I ended up buying a Lenovo Y900-34ISZ Gaming Desktop and it's been working really well.

Specs:

Processor: i7-6700K  4.01 GHZ

Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition 8gb

Hard Drive: 1tb 7200 RPM

SSD Intergrated: 120gb  

Memory: 16 gb

Thanks everyone for reading my post hopefully i helped some of you or atleast you had a good read.

Feel Free to Keep posting your sound issues here maybe they'll get noticed by HP or Microsoft.

HP Recommended

I finally found the solution, only the driver of this link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/e9esj87959v89by/sp56460.exe

must install the probe currently in a g4-2205la hp pavilion with Windows 10 Home.
instructions:
* Close any program you're using
* Open the installer and follow the instructions.
* Reboot the pc and ready

note: should not have to have another diver sound.
another clarification I am not responsible for what might happen if they do wrong.
thank.

IDT Speaker.PNGIDT Speaker.PNG

Spoiler
IDT Audio Fix windows 10, HP IDT Audio,IDT For Windows 10.:smileyhappy:
HP Recommended
March 2017
Stil same problem.
After every Windows 10 "upgrade" i need to reinstall the "IDT Audiodriver" from HP.
A hole year I thought that mi Notebook had an phisical damage because I bought it used and cheap on ebay.
HP Recommended

Easy! Download sp65631.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.