Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14-ce0004nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The problem appears randomly, as soon as I plug my notebook for charging and when I unplug it, it still remains.

To solve it, at least temporarily, I have to manually kill the process (Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation) from Task Manager.

This issue is present since I updated to Windows 10 1809 October Update.

So far I have tried to update all audio drivers, install old drivers, uninstall all audio devices and reinstalling them but the problem still randolmly appears.

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

@GioRad

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and issue perists, 

Let's perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Hope this helps! Keep me poste d for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,Thankyou for posting in the HP Support Community.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I had already done that and it didn't solve the issue, it still randomly appears. I figured that manually stopping the process works, it's not the best solution but for now I can live with that.

If I'll be able to figure out a definite solution I will post it here.

HP Recommended

Me too.  This PC is up to date from HP Support.  

This problem seems easy to reproduce and HP should take it seriously.  This laptop has nothing unusual loaded on it and is used for straightforward simple Windows work.  It is wholly unbelievable that a PC from what should be a reliable company is showing this problem and it hasn't yet been fixed.  I understand that it is probably an issue of the audio device driver interacting with Windows components perhaps - but HP designed and decided on this hardware and has responsibility to get it fixed.

Using Tak Manager to kill the process is possible but is not a solution for non-technical users.

HP Recommended

Happened again today, HP Support Assistant says all drivers are up to date, as well as BIOS (F07.A)Happened again today, HP Support Assistant says all drivers are up to date, as well as BIOS (F07.A)

HP Recommended

@GioRad

Thank you for posting back.

Try this step

Set BIOS default and restart:

1. Restart your notebook.
  2. During startup, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu is displayed.
  3. Once the BIOS menu is displayed, press F9 to restore factory defaults.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.
  5. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
  6. Select Yes to confirm.
  7. The computer restarts using the default settings. If the issue persists continue next step:

BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

this should do the trick.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried the "BIOS default" method and up until now all is working fine. If in the next days the problem doesn't appear again I will mark the method as an Accepted Solution. If not, I'll let you know here.

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

This method doesn't work, that process still uses up to 30% of the CPU.

If this problem has to do with drivers I don't know why HP is not able to fix it, this forum is filled with complaints about Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation.

HP Recommended

@GioRad

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

I would request you to contact our Phone Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
2)Select the product type.
3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
4)Select the country from the drop-down.
5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi - could I ask that you post back what the solution turns out to be.  I think there are many people suffering this problem and the solution should be documented rather than all of us having to contact HP support individually.

Thanks!

Jeff

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.