Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp Pavilion 15 ec00
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having trouble with scratchy/distorted audio on hp Pavilion 15 ec00 and am wondering if this is just inherent to the design or if my machine has a hardware problem.

When my machine was brand new out of the box, it sounded like the speakers were blown out when playing certain frequencies such as the Windows 10 notification tone. I did the standard troubleshooting by the windows troubleshooter and checked my drivers if there is any driver update but the drivers are updated.

When audio plays I can feel the laptop vibrating and rattling it seems like the strange noise is coming from the right speaker more than the left one.I know this is a laptop and I'm not expecting the world's greatest sound, but the distortion is really annoying. Is this just inherent to the hp Pavilion 15 ec00 or am I just unlucky ? I've tried updating drivers and the problem persists. Headphones are fine. It's definitely the external speakers on this laptop that are vibrating around.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I faced the problem from the day one using the laptop....
can any body help please...……...

HP Recommended

@Mahmoud__

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Download the latest version of the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows, go to the HP Hardware Diagnostics website.

2. In the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows section, click Download Diagnostics Windows, and then follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the software.

3. In Windows, search for HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows, right-click the app in the search results, and then select Run as administrator.

Seleting run as administrator

The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Main Menu displays.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics main menu

4. Click Component Tests.

Component tests menu

5. On the Component Tests menu window, click Audio, and then select Audio Playback Test.

Component Test menu with Audio selected

6. Click Run once.

Start the Audio playback test

7. Click Next, and then select an audio playback device to begin the test.

During the test, a few music notes play in sequence and repeatedly.

Select an audio device to test

8. When the Audio Test completes, click Yes or No, depending on what you heard during the audio test.

Selecting yes or no to confirm if you heard sound or not

The audio test results display on the screen.

An audio test that passed the Audio Playback Test

• If the audio test result passes, click Finish, close the tool, and then restart the computer.

• If the audio test fails, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) so you have it available when you contact HP Customer Support. This information is also available in Test Logs.

Audio test results displayed in the Hardware Diagnostic test log screen

If the Audio Playback 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

this video records the issue

>>>>>>>I have did these steps and my speakers works but it seems to still have this strange rattling/ vibrating  noise when the frequency of the sound get higher actually i can hear this noise when i raise the volume up and from the right speaker more the left one .

my audio drivers are all updated  .

i had went to the store from which i bought the laptop from and tested the shown laptop there and found the same issue on it . also i tested several other hp laptops and found that problem on some of them .
i dont know if the issue is a hardware or a software issue. but i hope it is a software issue.

please help me

HP Recommended

@Mahmoud__

Thank you for posting back. 

in order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.