Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just updated Windows 10 and now I don't think I have the same sound as before. It is a Beats Audio HP Envy. I do have sound but it is not the same power.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @rcnhl2b,

This is a drivers related issue, and the provided driver to you has worked for the Beats audio issue in many occasion.

Please try installing the same and post back. 

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @rcnhl2b,

Please reply to this post with complete Model and Product Number of your Notebook, to find the right drivers.

Click the below link for a guide on locating this information:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Model

HP Envy TS 17 Notebook PC

Product #

E1P14AV

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @rcnhl2b,

Download the IDT Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

When done, hold down the Windows key and press R
Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In Device Manager, expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall and restart.

When windows has reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook and let windows fully load.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended
Ok. Didn't this computer have an upgraded sound system? I will follow your instructions but since I already have sound now I don't want to do all that unless it's going to give me the sound that I used to have which I believe was an upgraded Beats audio system. Please confirm that what you sent me is not going to just give me any sound but the upgraded audio if available.
HP Recommended

Hello @rcnhl2b,

This is a drivers related issue, and the provided driver to you has worked for the Beats audio issue in many occasion.

Please try installing the same and post back. 

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I believe that has worked, thank you. 

I don't see the equalizer that I used to use to control the sound, but the sound power (volume) is back to normal I think.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with no BEATS drivers and BEATS hi-fidelity sound.

My computer is: HP Pavilion Elite HPE-510t CTO Desktop PC

HP Pavilion Elite HPE-510t CTO Desktop PC

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

I have  the latest windows 10 update from yesterday/

I tried the above steps but it gives me an error that says" The hardware detected os not supported by this IDT package. Installation will be aborted"

Please help me get my beats quality sound back. The beats application is no longer present on my pc.

HP Recommended

@mystickid

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you are getting beats audio issue with your HP computer. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

I have a few steps you could perform to resolve the issue: 

Remove the audio drivers & Reinstall the original drivers 

Update the Audio drivers from the Official HP website for windows 10 (click on change on the top to switch between OS). 

Increase volume on playback device settings after setting your speaker as the default device. 

For more steps, follow a similar post on the HP forums: click here 

• Perform a hard reset 
  • Reset BIOS to defaults 
  • Run the Audio test from the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) 
  • Update the BIOS 
  • Reset your computer 
  • Perform an HP System Recovery 

Let me know if that works.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@sandytechy20

Thank you for your reply.

However, When I search my desktop model and choose drivers for my model. Drivers are only shown for Windows 7 and 8.

But my PC model (HPE_510t) was purchased before 2013 and I have upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

But I still downloaded the most recent audio BEATS driver for Windows 8: See below what I downloaded

HP Pavilion Elite HPE-510t CTO Desktop PC
IDT High Definition Audio Driver:   sp70787.exe
Windows 8 : 64-bit
File size: 17.1 MB

After downloading and installing, the sound from the speakers is working and I can even search for the BEATS app in the start menu.

BUT, when I click the BEATS audio icon to setup my audio, nothing happens.  My BEATS audio software is not working and I cannot access the BEATS Sound Settings.

ePlease advise.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.