cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
blknblu44
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

cd drive will only work after I open file manager or device manager and click on drive on new envy

HP Recommended
HP Envy 17 inch laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

CD/DVD drive will only work after I open file manager or device manager and click on drive on my brand new 17 inch Envy laptop. No error messages. It just doesn't do anything after loading a disc. If I load a disk then click on file manager or device manger then click on the drive, it starts playing. 

1 REPLY 1
KrazyToad
Retired
Retired
22,744 19,097 1,373 1,285
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@blknblu44

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please Enable the AutoPlay setting to automatically start discs when loaded.

1. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

2. Click Hardware and Sound, and then click AutoPlay.

3. Select the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices setting.

Autoplay window, Use AutoPlay for all media and devices

4. Next to each DVD, Blu-ray, and CD type, click the drop-down menu, select Ask me every time, and then click Save.

Select Ask me every time in the AutoPlay settings

5. Test a disc in the drive.

You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03280768

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation