Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp spectre 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is very upsetting...  may be the last time I purchase an HP laptop...  I like the machine,  but not getting much help from HP Support.

Simply put every time there is a Windows 10 update or perhaps something else happens...  my headphone jack stops working.

I have at times been able to run thu the usual  litany of  forum support ... and was successful in uninstalling the Intel Driver and then installing the latest HP driver ... resetting my computer several times...  this was tedious enough but I was able to get it working...  

NOW however I have tried everything...  but can NOT get my headphone jack to work..  HP should absolutely recognize this problem and put out a clear tried and true solution...  

SO.. once again I am looking for support to resolve the issue..  Please don't tell me to go thru the usual crap of checking to see if my earbuds are working etc..   

the latest driver I tried was from HP SP92752

thanks..

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Blum_roo Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to use the headphone jack on your spectator laptop. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you performed an audio test on your computer?

Have you tried multiple headphones?

May I know the exact product number of your computer? Click here. Please do not share the serial number of your computer.

Recommend you run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated on your computer. Click here

Once all the drivers are updated, check if you get audio from headphones. 

If the issue persists, shut down the computer. 

Wait for a minute. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics. Click here

Run an audio test on your computer while the headphones are connected. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.