Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-ca1031dx
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi!

So yesterday, I started noticing something weird going on with my laptop, it started as random popping sounds, but as i was going further into the day on the internet, chatting with lovers, watching videos on various sites, i noticed some sorta static noise, even was sounding a bit like some sorta electrostatic, which was when it gave me a scare. I updated my OS, started fine, at first, and the static happened again, a bit later, even ran diagnostic tests on the audio, diagnostics said they were working just fine, yet the static noises still continue, and before anyone suggests that "go to speaker properties and turn of sound effects" fix, that was the FIRST thing i tried, only to find out, i don't even HAVE a sound effects option in my speaker's properties menu.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The audio driver from HP is broken, I face the exact same issue.

HP Recommended

i managed to fix it, on my own, by going to device manager, uninstalling all audio drivers and rebooting. the reboot managed to reinstall the drivers, and no weird noises ever since.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.