Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
spectre 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

Following an update to windows 10 to the anniversary edition, I have had trouble with the sound. 

It states audio device not detected.  I uninstalled the audio drivers, and reinstalled them and it will work, but upon restarting the computer it gives the same error.  Sometimes a restart will make it work again, otherwise have to reinstall again.

I couldn't get it to work consistently, so I rolled back windows to the previous build and it is working fine again.

Has anyone had this issue, or been able to fix it?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you.

I ended up doing something like that.  I uninstalled the conexant program itself, and installed a older driver (9.0.57.0), and so far it has worked.  I got the driver from the hp support page.

The newer driver worked until a restart, then had to be reinstalled again.

thank again.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @phoenix1231 ,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with no sound after new Windows update. I will be glad to help you.

The windows anniversary edition is trying to update the drivers to windows drivers. this os good because makes sure you have the latest drivers. When it does not work you can roll back the update and it will wait until the driver update. skipping the one with issues.

Please see this YouTube video on Rolling back a driver from Device Manager in Windows 10 .

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you.

I ended up doing something like that.  I uninstalled the conexant program itself, and installed a older driver (9.0.57.0), and so far it has worked.  I got the driver from the hp support page.

The newer driver worked until a restart, then had to be reinstalled again.

thank again.

HP Recommended

For a moment, I had thought that something was up with my Probook. Thankfully I found this post!

I have the exact same issue.

And at times when it comes back after a reboot, and doesn't seem to understand if I have my audio device installed, I would instal the driver and it would die on me with a BSOD saying IRQL NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO

I guess this is my build that's messed. I unfortunately I asked the tech at my workplace to 'Reset It'. So I can't find the previous build. Bummer.

HP Recommended

Mine was doing the bsod too when I tried to install the latest version.

Uninstall the conexant program, then go to hp support.

Go to the conexant driver, and hit previous versions, and get the older version.  It loaded fine, and been good ever since.

good luck

HP Recommended
Thanks man. I'm gonna try this.

It's one of the most irritating things I have found so far.

Hope I get this.
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem. I've tried your suggestions but "Rolling Back" isn't highlighted, so not available. Is there anything else I can try? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

HP Recommended
Rolling back didn't work for me either.

What did work for me, however, was downloading an EliteBook driver.

Go to the HP Drivers page, and get the latest driver for your audio chip. The latest it shows for your ProBook is 02 March. 10.0.877.61

Click on revision history.

It'll show you the driver revision history for the audio chip, regardless of the notebook.

Get the one that has a time stamp of July 16. 10.0.931.73

That worked for me.

Hope it helps.
HP Recommended

Many thanks; I'll give it a shot!

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with an update to my HP Spectre and Windows 10. I fixws it (rolling back to previous build) but then the system updated again and the same problem. This is really frustrating.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.