Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp ay 105 nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Since the update of windows of 28/06/2017, the sound keys no more work and also I have an issue on the sound control panel, i can't see computer's speakers.

There is a red crosse on the sound icon of the task bar.

I cheked device manager and I have one device which is not reckognized : ' Intel High Definition Audio ', with a warning icon and a question icon.

How can I solve this? It's very important for me I need the sound for my job.

Thanks for reading.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Seyf,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing sound issues on your HP computer.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

Please follow the steps listed below to uninstall and reinstall the sound drivers from the device manager:

1) Right click on the start icon and click on device manager.

2) Under "Sound, video and game controllers", right click on the device listed and click on uninstall.

3) Check the box "Delete the driver software for this device".

4) Click on OK/Uninstall to confirm the uninstallation.

5) If you have multiple devices listed under "Sound, video and game controllers", then repeat the same step for each of them.

6) Restart the computer.

Now download and install the sound drivers from the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you perform a system restore from the link: System Restore (Windows 10, 😎

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

What I have already done :

Updated the bios

Updated intel HD graphic card driver

Uninstalled drivers, reboot, install drivers

Hardware reset

Also followed all the steps in HP support assistant.

HP Recommended

Hi @Seyf,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing sound issues on your HP computer.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

Please follow the steps listed below to uninstall and reinstall the sound drivers from the device manager:

1) Right click on the start icon and click on device manager.

2) Under "Sound, video and game controllers", right click on the device listed and click on uninstall.

3) Check the box "Delete the driver software for this device".

4) Click on OK/Uninstall to confirm the uninstallation.

5) If you have multiple devices listed under "Sound, video and game controllers", then repeat the same step for each of them.

6) Restart the computer.

Now download and install the sound drivers from the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you perform a system restore from the link: System Restore (Windows 10, 😎

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Did this and now when I plug my speakers into the headphone jack, sound plays from both the internal speaker in the computer and out of the speaker I plugged in. Buying an HP computer has been one of the biggest wastes of money in my life. Funny how my Dell lasted 10 years and my brand new HP has been a constant headache ever since I bought it.

HP Recommended

@JuggaloSooner

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand there are no more sound devices after the recent update was installed,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you know that this could be a driver issue and HP doesn't create drivers it's the manufacturer of the component that creates it?

That said, Did you update the audio drivers from HP or from the audio manufacturer's site?

While you respond to that, If you have sound coming out of both internal speaker and the headphone jack at the same time, all you have to do, is reinstall the drivers as mentioned by the last tech, if the issue persists, please follow the below steps:

Check the 'Disable front panel jack detection' option: 

1. Double-click on the Audio Manager, system tray icon 

2. Click on small folder icon  

3. Check that the 'Disable front panel jack detection' tick box is unticked. 

4. Now insert the jack plug of either a microphone or headphones into the corresponding front panel socket of your computer. 

5. If you now see the message 'Information: A jack has been plugged in', then you do not need to change this setting as your system has an HDA compatible front panel. 

6. If you do not see this message, then click on the small folder icon again and tick the 'Disable front panel jack detection' check box. 

If any of the above options are unavailable, install the latest drivers for you audio adapter and then try again: Click here for the drivers
(Drivers available on the HP website are collection of drivers from various hardware component manufacturers collaborated in one location for your ease of access).

If you still have any issues or feel the same way about HP, 

I should be able to help you with that as well,

Please keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done what you explained to me, the sound is working now but another issue came, the LED of the mute key is no more lightning

How can I proceed?

HP Recommended

I did a system restore and it's working fine, thanks for your help @Rainbow23.

HP Recommended

@Seyf

It looks like you were interacting with @Rainbow23, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I'm glad we could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

And feel free to reply back to any queries you may have as well.

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.