Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The fact that the problem is increasing here is probably due to the fact that a new driver is available via Windows Update: AMD - System - 2.79.0.45 e.g. is installed. This driver is for the AMD Audio CoProcessor. You can check out Driver Updates in the Windows Update History. It appears that this driver is faulty.

Resetting the driver in Device Manager should fix the problem. This can be found under System devices > AMD Audio COProcessor > Driver > Roll Back Driver. Windows Update will remember this and will not install this driver again. Only when a newer and then hopefully better one is available can an update be carried out.

The latest AMD Radeon software Adrenalin 2020 20.5.1 also brings a new driver for the AMD Audio CoProcessor, problems can also occur here.

An installation of the previous graphics driver package: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 Recommended (WHQL) should also help. Here it is recommended to choose the option: factory defaults during installation.

HP Recommended

Same problem, the solution  does not fix the problem. 

HP Recommended

try running the AMD cleanup utility:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

This worked for me. 

HP Recommended

"Roll back driver" box is gray, can't select. Thanks for helping.

HP Recommended

Same problem with speaker sound as described above. Rolled back the driver under AMD Audio CoProcessor and all now fine!

Thanks for helping.

HP Recommended

I have RealTek Audio driver version 6.0.8799.1, not the AMD.  I did a search to update driver but it says I have the latest.  I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling but still have the same problem.  HELP!  Pavillion 15Z

HP Recommended

This worked for me - Device Manager>System Devices>AMD Audio CoProcessor>Properties>Driver>Rollback Driver

HP Recommended

I second this opinion. I hate the fact that I have to use my machine without color saturation but installing that Radeon software just messes with my sound. When it 's not there the sound works perfectly fine. I hope AMD attend to this issue, as the overriding driver downloaded with this software modifies a device initially called "High Definition Audio Device" under "Sound, video and game controllers" to "AMD High Definition Device". This causes the sound to always quiet down  and rise to normal levels when the Radeon software is installed, but it sucks to use my machine without color saturation.

I am using a Pavilion with Ryzen 3 3300U CPU, integrated with Radeon Vega 6 graphics. I have to give up on Radeon Software for now until AMD solves the issue.

HP Recommended

Worked for me, thanks!

HP Recommended

This solution worked for me!

Thanks 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.