Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible Laptop PC 15-ed1000 (169X0AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Recently I had some issues with a family member which caused him to get mad and throw my laptop, there were a few scratches but nothing major except for a dent in my back plate(under the keyboard). I use this laptop for work and school so I wanted it to look more presentable so I took off the back plate and bent it back, then replaced it. Note that all features worked before I took it apart. After I put it back together, I noticed that the bottom left speaker wasn't working and anything about 40%volume on my right speaker would cause a horrible tremble. I believe I have damaged the 2 speakers so I am thinking I need to replace them. Before ordering the two speakers I would like to ask the professionals so that is the reason for this email. If I do need the speakers please provide me with a link to them and if possible a link to the grey grip strips that cover the screws. Thanks again. 

-sincerely Maxim T. 

HP ENVY x360 Convertible Laptop PC 15-ed1000 (169X0AV)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @crapsic,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing speaker issues with your HP ENVY x360 Convertible Laptop PC 15. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to fix the issue.

• Check the volume level: Make sure that the volume is turned up on your laptop and that it is not muted.
  • Check the audio settings: Make sure that the audio settings on your laptop are configured correctly. Go to the Control Panel or Settings and check the sound settings.
  • Restart your laptop: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix the issue. Try restarting your laptop and see if the speakers work after that.
  • Update the audio driver: Go to the HP website and download the latest audio driver for your laptop. Install the driver and see if the speakers work after that. 

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

none worked thank you for replying though, can you please send the link to the speakers I need for this laptop so I can replace them

HP Recommended

Hi @crapsic,

Thank you for your response, 

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.