Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LAPTOP-C4AF92HF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I know that this is a common issue, but I didn't find a simple solution in the community to apply.

In  the audio control panel , recording section,  audio mixer is not present at all. I've tried to update the drivers with the last version of Realtek drivers  ( 0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282 )  but stereo mixex didn't appear.

I have tried the above solution with an 6 year old ASUS  zenbook  W10 64bit and in that computer  it runs.

But not with this new powerful  HP, bought 1 month ago...

I need a simple solution, I am not an expert

thanks in advance

Amerio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The complet reply is this:

Here the partial solution:

https://mediarealm.com.au/articles/stereo-mix-setup-windows-10/

In the audio control settings - playback you may set cable as default, in recording playback you can leave microphnone as default but you in cable setting must folllow the paragraph How to Listen To What You’re Recording.

Flag on listen this device and playback on speakers.

When you are in Meet and you want send CD, in the Meet options you must set Cable instead of microphone.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

@Allodi

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the product number of your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi  The_Fossette,

product name  HP Laptop 15-dw1xxx

the product number is  1C4M8EA#ABZ

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Amerio

HP Recommended

@Allodi

Thank you for the information.

I recommend you download and install the audio driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp103501-104000/sp103607.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi  The_Fossette

I have download and installed the  the audio driver  but unfortunately  it doesn't run.  In the control panel is still not present  at all the Stereo Mixer.   I need   it because during  remote lessons to school students (at present in Italy 90% of lessons are by remote causa Covid19)  I usually show  videos ( for example from you tube, etc, ) but without stereo mixer they don't  hear the audio.  Now  I'm using as alternative another 5 year old computer, a Lenovo Ultrabook   ,  in this one I have installed W10 64b, and , after an updte of the driver , I can see and use Stereo mix.

Any other suggestion? It seems  strange that in this new  powerful HP isn't possible to activate it....

Any other suggestion?  My lenovo computer is near to the end of his life....

thanks

Amerio

HP Recommended

@Allodi

What is the version of Windows you are using?

Here is how you can find it.

Press the Windows logo key + R, type winver in the Open box, and then select OK.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ho. The Fossette

the Win10 version. is

1909 ( build SO 18363.1139 )

It s the original version preinstalled in the PC 

Thanks

Amerio

HP Recommended

@@Allodi

Download and install the drivers from the below link and check if it helps.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp106001-106500/sp106159.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi The_Fossette,

I had already tried few days ago this file, without success. Tried again now but same result.

The driver installation  is not accepted . The  below message appears on the screen, about OS version 10.0.18363v that not supports the driver.

Perhaps I have to update the OS version?

Thanks

Amerio

Allodi_0-1604761053232.png

HP Recommended

I have updated  Win 10 to the new version   20H2 (build SO 19042.572 ), and tried again but same result: message : the driver is not supported on this OS version

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.