Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello @dblackmanc1950 

- Disconnect the battery !

- The battery has a short circuit !

--->>> Please complain about the "new" battery. It is defective !!!

Start notebook without battery again, does it work ?

HP Recommended

Yes….without battery it still works fine.

I checked the voltage on my old battery and the new one!

old = 11.8 volts

new = 16.2 volts

now that I have up graded the BIOS do you think I could charge old battery and maybe work? Would it hurt to try?

HP Recommended

@dblackmanc1950 wrote:

Yes….without battery it still works fine.

I checked the voltage on my old battery and the new one!

old = 11.8 volts

new = 16.2 volts

now that I have up graded the BIOS do you think I could charge old battery and maybe work? Would it hurt to try?

You have bought the wrong battery! It has more cells and way too much volts! STOP!

HP Recommended

Alright….installed the old battery, charged it for about half hour. Unplugged the power cord  and it is still working!!! Yea!!! Apparently the BIOS upgrade Was stopping the old battery from working!!

thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

Old battery:

- Shutdown notebook

- Disconnect battery

- Please send a picture on which the sticker with the exact battery description/specification can be read.

- Connect battery (again)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.